Our Theatre is Good To Go
We’ve been working really hard to ensure that your next visit to New Theatre Peterborough is a safe and reassuring experience. We’ve been approved by Visit Britain to display their industry standard and consumer mark to ensure that you feel safe during your visit. It’s a signal that our efforts have been recognised and that we’ve adapted our day to day operations to ensure we’re COVID compliant.
We’ve adhered to all the Government and public health guidance and we’re ready to welcome you to watch a fantastic performance. Here are some of the ways that we’re adapting to make sure your visit is still just as memorable;
- E-tickets with ‘know before you go’ information.
- Pre-show emails that explain any changes or additional measures in place before your visit.
- Socially distanced seating, with at least 1m+ in between each group of tickets.
- Staggered arrival times printed on your tickets.
- You’ll need to wear a mask throughout your visit and during the performance.
- Hand sanitiser at all entrances and exits to the theatre.
- Additional cleaning of our facilities and auditorium before and after every performance.
- Our team will be supplied with their own PPE and will be assigned to a work station throughout their shift.
- Our toilet cubicles, urinals, and sinks will be limited to ensure distancing can take place.
- Tickets are limited to a maximum purchase of 6 per customer.
- Additional bins have been placed throughout the building for you to place your rubbish in.
- We provide information on parking and how to reach the theatre prior to your visit.
- We kindly ask that you keep your belongings to a minimum during your visit.
- Drinks and snacks can be ordered from your seat or prior to your visit by our DIVA app, just search ‘Selladoor’ in your app service.
- You may be temperature checked on arrival and if you register over 37.8 degrees you will be denied entry.
- NHS Track and Trace registration will be mandatory on arrival.
We ask that you do not visit the theatre if;
- you believe you have been infected with COVID-19.
- you have experienced symptoms in the last 14 days.
- you have been in close proximity to anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days.
- you have arrived in England in the last 14 days and are not covered by the exemption rules relating to self-isolation.
- you have been instructed to self-isolate.
If you consider yourself to be clinically vulnerable, (or belong to the same household or support bubble as someone who is vulnerable) we advise that you do not attend.
If you have booked tickets and cannot attend but your performance is still taking place, we are happy to exchange your tickets to another performance or provide an account credit to use against a future visit.
To get in touch with us if you have any questions, or if you’d like to book a group larger than 6, please email email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you would like further information about guidance and support during Coronavirus, please visit the government website here.